Sunday, June 21, 2009
listenin to :: L.O.V.E - Olivia Ong
parents who are unsupportive towards their child's job causes demotivation.
who is the poor child not getting support from the parents?
moi
mummy has been giving me negative feedback when I told her how was my day at work.
it's such a demotivation, seriously.
imagine you being all excited about your new job & happy to tell your mummy all about it!
& her response was ...
" aiyaa.. it is not easy one la & there is no future in this job one la.. "
" when there is a better job, go for it. don't stay here. "
" I would rather you work for car dealers than working in an investment firm "
I am sure it wasn't easy for her when she first started her career.
goes the same way for me too - no pain no gain
of course I know my mummy want the very best for me,
& probably thinks this is not the right job for me.
then again, like what I've mentioned in the previous entry,
you never try & never know.
I had the privilege to attend an event that all Client Relationship Manager (CRM) are required to attend.
a weekend where all CRM could not afford to miss out.
(poor me, this job requires me to work on weekends
)
I did not attend to any clients on Saturday because my job was to observe how my colleagues deal with client.
however, today;
my manager assigned me a client - she thinks I am ready to see one.
& heck was I nervous & scared 
did the wrong things, did not followed the flow of presentation,
stuck with don't know what to say next, provided wrong information,
all mistakes you could find in a sales newbies - I've done it all
nvm nvm,
practice makes perfect 
what surprised me the most was,
both clients said I did a good job in explanations & they like me
(much appreciated compliments
)
& I thought I made a completely fool of myself 
soOo..
after seeing both clients,
it overcome my fears & does give me a lil' self-confidence
also I feel that I am starting to get a hold of this job already
will need more practices on developing presentation & people skills.
no matter how tough my job gets, bunny never failed to show me his support!
always there to hear me out & show his care & support 
is an off day for me tomorrow.
gotta appreciate my off day because will have loads more to learn on Tuesday.
Labels: work
« Previous Entires
Newer Entries »