Day 2 @ Bali
Thursday, September 03, 2009
listenin to :: Hotel Room Service - Pitbull
the hotel that we stayed offers free buffet breakfast every morning.
food was good but not many variety,
serving the same food for 3 consecutive mornings.
we enjoyed the breakfast every morning because the restaurant is overlooking the famous Kuta beach.
where most Australian surfers love to surf on because of the big waves.
it was also cool looking at the surfers doing their cool stunts.
& it had me wondered why they love to surf so much, is basically surf & fall, surf & fall..
(but you don't get to see this in KL, is a must to enjoy
)

after breakfast,
we hired the hotel driver to drive & show us around Bali.
the charges for both days was RM100 which is equivalent to 400,000 Rupiah.
colleague said I got it at a SUPER DUPER good price because the usual charges are RM125 per day.
ahh.. the best thing of negotiation
(word of advice: bargain 9 9! don't ever miss a chance of bargaining with them!
)
*tee-hee-hee!
first stop was Batik Crafting Village
there are not much interesting thingy to be captured as what they have was very similar to what we have it in Kraftangan Complex Malaysia.
one thing way different was,
their batik was selling around 50USD - killer!!
we Malaysians can get it so much cheaper say RM10 in pasar malam.
the process of crafting batik
after Batik,
next stop was Silver Jewelry Village then.
the tour guide showed us around the village like how silvers were made and all.
also, they have their own gallery of the handmade silver jewelries & accessories.
some of them are really pretty but the price they offered were even more " pretty " 
the process of putting bids by bids of gold onto the silver accessory, I think?
the driver brought a to a Art Gallery too.
I must artist in Bali are really creative, the art they draw was really impressive & nice.
it was so nice that I wanted to get one of it for myself.
but the problem is, where am I going to hang it when I get it back home?
no pictures taken because I think we are not allowed to do so?
those places that I have mentioned above are places that are most visited by tourist.
although it was nothing much, but is good to see what they have it there.
while we were on our to Kintamani,
we requested the driver to dropped us Ubud Palace.
Puri Saren Ubud (Ubud Palace) is an Ubud Kingdom Palace with beautiful Balinese traditional houses as a residence of Ubud King.
it was nothing much for us to see because we are only allow to visit the front part of the palace,
as the rest are out of premises
(& I thought I can have a view of the palace in Bali like what I did in Beijing, mana tau tak boleh
)

the music instruments
there was a famous Warung Babi Guling just right opposite Ubud Palace.
Babi guling is Bali's most famous dish.
the young suckiling pig is used because of its tenderness, spit roasted to perfection.
the driver told us that this warung babi guling in Ubud is No.1 in Bali.
(boy are we lucky to try the famous stall
)
it took us about 15 minutes to take away a small portion of the suckling pig.
though the way they served was unhygienic,
but the taste of Babi Guling was crunchy & good (tasted more like duck)
is a must makan if you happen to visit Bali 

Kintamani is the most favorite tourist destinations in Bali with the active volcano mount Batur & beautiful lake.
Mount Batur has erupter about 24 times since year 1800 & still active up to now.
since the mount erupting, it has impacted the local society life around this tradition.
the beautiful lake which known as Lake Batur is the biggest lake in Bali
& it functioning as irrigation source to all farmers around it and also for all Bali society generally.
a famous tourist place because Kintamani area owns the beautiful panorama and it is encircled by the cold atmosphere.
the driver dropped us at a restaurant which overlooking Mount Banur.
absolutely loving the place because can enjoy the view & the weather was cooling too.
very much similar to the weather that we have in Cameron Highlands.
we did not order lunch for ourselves therefore we ordered the famous beer that they have in Indonesia, Bintang!
bunny & I likey 
it was relaxing & fun to sip beer while enjoying the beautiful lake with the one you love


ever heard of Kopi Luwak?
my parents once told me that it was one of the expensive coffee.
I am not a coffee person but I do want to try out because it makes me wonder what is it that so special about this Kopi Luwak.
lucky for bunny & myself, we get to try it in Bali.
but first of all, what is Kopi Luwak?
Kopi Luwak coffee made from coffee berries which have been eaten by & passed through digestive tract of the Luwaks
it eat the berries, but the beans inside pass through their system undigested.
the still-intact beans are collected from the forest floor, cleaned then roasted & ground just like any other coffee.the resulting coffee is said to be like no other.
it has a rich, heavy flavor with hints of caramel or chocolate.
(fully disagree!)
the body is almost syrupy and it's very smooth.(not syrupy but it is indeed smooth)
to make it sound short & simple,
you are drinking the luwak's poopoo 





bunny & I still prefer the ordinary coffee, hah! sua-ku 
we then specially requested to have dinner at Jimbaran as it is a highly recommended dining place in all tourist guides.
best time to arrive is before sunset & do be early to have the best seat for yourselves!
there are 24 restaurants along Jimbaran beach & all serve the same dish: Seafood! 
our driver stopped us at BBC (Beach Bali Cafe),
bunny & I didn't have the chance to explore other restaurants as we were ushered straight away to the table.
we were lucky to get the front row tables, hence no one was blocking the beautiful view.
the waiter thought bunny & I were on our honeymoon thus they offered us a honeymoon dinner set.



dance performance as entertainment
the price of our dinner came up to 350,000 Rupiah which equivalent to RM100.
(if I am not mistaken)
with the view alone, it was already well worth the price.
fresh seafood & romantic view.
it is a definitely a moment in Bali that will be the most cherished!
next up,
day 3 in Bali.
stay tuned!

Labels: vacation
« Previous Entires
Newer Entries »