<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/19970506?origin\x3dhttp://ji-memoir.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Yours Truly ♥

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

piscean; party doll; playful; hopeless romantic; has a hysterical laughter; fetish for navy color; can't live without music; ice-cream lover & shopping has always been her hobby ♥

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Credits

This Moring Dreams @ Blogskin made by Marina* ; (also sovintagerock). Please don't remove this lines.
Other Credits: [a] [b] [c] [d] [e] [f] [g] [h]

Welcome to Taiwan - Day 3 & 4

Friday, October 22, 2010

listenin to :: Hourglass - Mindy Gledhill

since it was free & easy on the 3rd day,
Ben, Joan, Joanne & myself decided to go shopping around Taipei.
I was the only one with Taiwan map therefore I marked down the places which was recommended by tour guide.
in total 4 places, that moment I knew both my legs will patah by the end of the day.
so much walking, hop on and off to do
shocked
guided my colleagues to take the MRT which was located right next to our hotel.
it sounded as though I have been in Taipei for awhile but actually I'm not,
I relied so much on the map that was given by the tour guide - really useful & detailed.

the MRT was very much convenient and easy to access.
if only Malaysia public transports are as convenient as Taipei or HongKong or Singapore
whatevah

first shopping stop was WuFen不u 五分埔,Taipei's largest wholesale clothing market.
I was excited while we were on our way as I plan to spend most of my money on clothes,
however when I got there most of the clothing were all ready for the Fall season.
either long sleeves or material is just too thick for Malaysia's weather
sad
big disappointment.

Wu Fen Bu 五分埔
similar to the weekend market ChaTuChak in Bangkok,
but Taipei's one much more clean and easy to walkabout.

some piece of art, pretty interesting ey? it got my attention laughing

until this very moment I still couldn't believe the waffles cost me RM11! shocked
usually in KL it would cost around 20plus...
& I gotta say the waffles tasted so good, one of the best I've tasted so far - yuuumz!
pleased

on our way to 2nd shopping stop, 台北站前地下街 - Taipei Underground Market

Taipei Underground Market
nothing much to shop around, waste of time to drop by.
or I'm just too picky and fussy?
silly

3rd shopping stop, XiMenDing 西门町 - popular shopping spot for youngsters
the place was happening, quite similar to what we have in Bukit Bintang
but of course they have more shopping choices.

Xi Men Ding 西门町

last shopping stop, Shilin Night Market 士林夜市 - most famous & busiest night market in Taiwan
by the time we got there all of us were dead tired and for my case, I couldn't walk anymore!
was very close to ditch all of them & take a cab back to the hotel
would definitely go there again because I just love night markets, so many things to see!
laughing

my purchase together with souvenirs from all 4 shopping stops
I think I've spent most of my money on hair accessories & facial masks, hah!
silly
still not enough! gonna shop for more in Bangkok laughing

nothing more on day 3 other than shopping, shopping and shopping.
did not get to try out the local delicacies as I was too jelat by Taiwan sausages, meh!
at least I get to have Taiwanese Beef Noodle & it was good but expv!
oh wells, it's worth it
heart

& as for day 4, was our last day in Taiwan.
most of us got quite emotional because we know once we get home we gotta resume back to our heavy workloads, responsibilities and what not, very dreadful
bummed
right,
our last sightseeing in Taiwan was Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall
國立中正紀念堂
.


elmo girl, damn love my elmo tee lo! laughing

the tour guide was explaining to us about the memorial hall but we ignored him silly


I shall present you, the former President of the Republic of China. silly
he look so tiny-winy silly

Taiwan's version of Abraham Lincoln Statues,
large bronze statue of Chiang Kai-Shek dominates the main hall.

representatives of the armed forces guard the main hall during its open hours.
changing of guards take place every hour, attracted many visitors & that would be us
really pity the guards as they have to stood still at their position & not move at all!
bummed
then again, the process of changing guards was interesting winky

nice weather, clear blue skies pleased


everyone from In2
spot me! laughing

taken at the airport & no, I'm not a fan of Hello Kitty
never was and never will
cool

byebye Taiwan and yyeaapp, that's all folks! laughing

all in all,
I had fun and at the same time get to know my other colleagues better, also get to see Taiwan
pleased
eventhough I had to sign contract wit the company in order for me to go this trip but it was worth it,
it sounds cheapskate of me but at least for the next one year I don't have to worried about being jobless
pleased

will I go back to Taiwan for another vacation again?
probably but not anytime sooner, not in the next 3 years but who knows?
winky

papa "sohmui! do you want to follow us to Taiwan this coming December?"
me "no thank you!"
laughing laughing laughing



--- Little boy, when you speak
I can't help but kiss your cheeks
I love the way you grab my hands
And tell me all about your plans

Labels:


« Previous Entires   Newer Entries »