Getaway Once in Awhile
Monday, January 18, 2010
listeinin to : Pixie Lott - Cry Me Out
ever since bunny started his classes back in September,
we do not get to spend much time together.
he'll be busy with his assignments, projects & I'll be busy with work.
I thought quitting my job back last month would make us have more time together but no,
he had so much to do like Engineering Fair & prepare his final exams - totally neglected me
(just kidding
)
but it's good to see him so enthusiastic in his major, it made me happy 
since bunny neglected me for a short while,
I made him promised to bring me for a vacation after his exams.
(we both deserved a vacation ourselves
)
bunny wanted to bring me places out of the country like Krabi, Taiwan..
but being the jobless me, where on earth am going to find the money for overseas vacation?
& I will feel bad for using love's money
therefore, we've decided to go Malacca instead - good & cheap
our berry first time driving down to Malacca together.
the journey to Malacca was about 1 & half hour drive from Kepong.
I was supposed to ask Robin for his GPS but I did not because by looking from Google Map the roads in Malacca seems pretty easy to go about.
of course again, I was wrong.(I can be smart alec at times
)
we drove rounds & rounds, could not get to the place that we wanted to go.
. . . . .
I thought the famous chicken rice ball was located nearby Malacca Megamall,
it was stated in the internet that it's opposite OCBC bank - I saw the bank but no chicken rice shop.
drove rounds & rounds till I gave up & decided to ask the OCBC security guard.
me " bang, mana Jalan Hang Kasturi ya? "
guard " alah ah moi, bukan sini la. kat situ.. *points direction* "
me " O.o" "
guard " dari sini pergi situ, nyanyi satu lagu di kereta boleh sampai dah "
me " haha okok. thank you bang! "
what I did not know was from Stadhuys you can actually cross the Malacca River to go another side of the town.
sighs, how unobservant can I be?
yes, OCBC bank was right opposite the restaurant,
but the signboard was taken down! how to see oh?! 
we were very close to give up & simply eat at a random chicken rice shop,
but I am glad that we didn't because the rice that was served in Chung Wah were delicious!!
I like rice which are sticky - something like porridge & that's what they serves.
where as the chicken were just normal chicken, you can find it anywhere la.
will definitely go back for the rice ball 
view from our room, view of Malacca Island
we checked in the hotel after lunch.
our hotel choice, well more like my choice was Holiday Inn.
the reason I chose this hotel because of its infinity edge swimming pool - view of the beach.
I am easily to be pleased with nice & beautiful swimming pools, wtfwtf
. . . . .
I wrote down the destination directions that was stated in Google Map in a piece of paper while bunny was taking a quick nap.
directions that were stated in Google Map seems easy & I thought shouldn't be a problem
& you can never go wrong with Google Map right?
so, we carried out with sightseeing for rest of the day with given directions.
boy, was I wrong - the directions stated in Google Map were completely different when I actually followed it.
we got ourselves elsewhere & I need to follow my instincts on which correct way to get back to town 
our first visit initial plan was to visit the Private Baba & Nyonya Museum.
we took the LONGEST way instead of the shortest one & by the time we got there, the museum was closed
sighs, blame Google Map.
no choice but to visit the museum the next day 
a small museum comprising 3 adjacent townhouses called the Baba Nyonya Museum
after that,
we wanted to go to a place maybe a church which I don't recall where was it,
what I remember of was to go to a place - it takes us rounds & rounds to get there.
a quarter of petrol gone for the rounds & rounds
therefore we gave up & visited The Stadhuys.
(no matter where you go, you will definitely pass by this place)
according to the notice board, the truck behind me was the first fire truck in M'sia/Malacca
The Stadhuys & Christ Church which was built in 1753
I don't know whats the name of the above sight but I like the picture
me look tiny 
1) bunny with the wall
2) myself with the colorful tricycle
after sightseeing, we then headed back to hotel for a quick rest again.
such sleepy heads.
I wanted to go for a swim but I could not get bunny to wake up,
by the time we got down the security guard told us that they are closing at 7.30 & we left 10 mins to swim, wtf!
went back up with a sour face 
Jonker Street is a famous night market/place to hang out in Malacca.
why not we have our dinner there then?
when we got there around 8 something, the street was as quiet like a dead town - all shops closed
bunny & I thought we were at the wrong street but looking at the complete map given by the hotel,
this definitely the correct street.
sighs, nothing for us to eat therefore we had no choice but to have Mc'Donalds for dinner.
tell me, how sad can we be?
sampai Malacca eat Mc'Donalds bit the waste right? as though they don't have any in KL 
we thought it was too early to go back hotel after dinner.
hence, we drove to Jonker Street to check out again - maybe shops open by then?
needless to say - no changes still looked like a dead town.
we chose to have a drink at one of the pub (there were only 3 pubs).
the quiet Jonker Street me " hey, what happened to Jonker Street? why so quiet?! "waiter " oh. it only opens on Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays. close from Monday - Thursday "me " O.o damn hunny, we came at the wrong time! "so now you know when to go Malacca ey? 
till then,
shall end this entry with a picture taken at the pub.
will update on day 2 soon 

this entry quite long-winded, no?
Labels: vacation
« Previous Entires
Newer Entries »