<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/19970506?origin\x3dhttp://ji-memoir.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Yours Truly ♥

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

piscean; party doll; playful; hopeless romantic; has a hysterical laughter; fetish for navy color; can't live without music; ice-cream lover & shopping has always been her hobby ♥

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Credits

This Moring Dreams @ Blogskin made by Marina* ; (also sovintagerock). Please don't remove this lines.
Other Credits: [a] [b] [c] [d] [e] [f] [g] [h]

Once in Awhile Getaway 2

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

listenin to :: Riverside - Sidney Sampson

morning breakfast at Holiday Inn was alright

we spent most of our time looking for places on day 1,
had no choice but to continue the visitations the next day then.

it was the first time in many months that I woke up for breakfast.
got up at 8 in the morning to prepare so we could finish & head back home early.
we had a morning swim at the infinity edge swimming pool after our breakfast.
this time I have all day long to swim not just only 10 minutes, pfft!
morning breeze goody ol' good.
but due to strong wind & cool water, we only swim for 15 minutes - too cold!






since I could not visit the Baba Nyonya Museum on the day 1,
the first visitation on day 2 will start of with the museum then.
they have specific time for visitation which are 10am-12.30pm & 2pm-4.30pm.
among all the sightseeing that they have in Malacca,
Baby Nyonya Museum is the place that I wanted to visit the most.
probably because I want to know more about my own culture & soon in future Baba Nyonya will extinct.
(that's what the tour guide told us)
it's better to visit now than later.
& I am glad that I paid a visit & paying RM8 for entering the museum is definitely worth it

it exhibits the beautiful & uniqueness of the Baba & Nyonya heritage,
chinese of noble descendants who have adopted much of the Malay culture into theirs.

no photos allowed therefore I stole pictures from other website


this is the main entrance of the museum


the picture on the left are handmade wood carving, the whole house are full of it & it takes 9 years to complete.

the very first person to purchase the house which right now is the private museum.
very filthy rich - family business rubber plantations.

I have to say again, the tour is definitely worth it.
now do I not make it sound overrated?
pardon me, I am Nyonya surely will be excited bout it

. . . . .
before we travel to Malacca,
I did some studies on where to makan & visit.
one of the recommended places for dessert is Jonker 88 which located at Jonker Street.
most comments said the cendol that they served are good,
thus bunny & I decided to give it a try although both of us are not a big cendol lover.

Jonker Street in the day


Durian Cendol for RM2.20
Baba Cendol for RM1.70


Jonker 88 looks just like the picture above.
a cultural entity in form of museum cafe

visiting Malacca wouldn’t be complete without having a bowl of icy cool cendol, no?
overall the cendol tasted alright, like I said maybe I am not a lover of cendol that's why I can't tell.
but the durian cendol do smells nice.

our last spot was Port De Santiago (A'Famosa Port).
a spot where drives many tourist to, famous spot in Malacca.
bunny have been there before but sadly myself no.
I have seen many people took picture with ruins & I want one myself too, teehee!
(kiasu betul )


took silly pictures with the canon while we're on our way to the port

the ruins

both bunny & I find it very tiring climbling up the steep stairs.
& I blame bunny for it, pump the inhaler gazillion times also not enough, pfft!

the view from St. Paul's Church overlooking Malacca town was great
- you can see the tiny Eye on Malaysia
it was breezy at the hill top too!


1) inside St. Paul's Church
2) all the way back down with the steep stairs

yyeeaapp,
basically that's how our once in awhile getaway went.
simple, cheap, sweet & memorable
although something ugly came up while we're on our way back to KL,
but bunny always & never failed to put a smile back on my face
& that made me love him till bao zha!

will definitely go to Malacca again for its sticky chicken rice ball & pineapple tarts!
not going to spend a night there again as it's not worth it - once will do.
now I am thinking when will the bunny bring me to A'Famosa Waterpark,
but what I think is the chances are very unlikely because he would rather bring me to Sunway Lagoon cause he thinks all waterpark are just the same, pfft!

I hope the job interview that I am going tmrw will be good & they take me in.
I can't stand myself not doing anything for a month plus already.
seeing everyone going to universities or work just makes me sad.
I feel so restless & lifeless, I want to be like them too
oh my.
*cross fingers*


Labels:


« Previous Entires   Newer Entries »