Mambo Jambo Anniversary: Flirtin' with the 50s
Sunday, April 24, 2011
listenin to :: Toward the Sunrise - Keiko Matsui
sometimes I wonder,
what's the point of having a theme party where your guests don't dress according to em'?
I mean, think the fun of dolling up, getting ready and strut the costume at the party
thinking about it right now made me feel like dressing up already but for what occasion?
mind the sudden randomness
maybe one thing about Malaysians is that we are too shy or too afraid or couldn't care less to dress up.
except on Halloween, that was the only time I got to see everyone dress up and it made my jaw dropped literally 
why the sudden topic on theme parties was because one of the Wednesdays I've attended Mambo Jambo Anniversary at Zouk.
the moment I got there, Joan, Joanne & I were the only people dressed up for the event.
you can imagine how people looked at us the moment we walk in the club, awkward seriously.
if then there was a slight chance for me to get my clothes change, I would
how can people not dress up where Zouk spent money to make the place look like they're in 50s'.
am impressed with the structures they have gotten for the theme, old gas tank and etc.
now I wonder why I did not took pictures of it * smacks forehead * 
picture taken before entering Velvet 
Zouk dancers danced to 50s' songs in 50s' costumes, it was exciting!
myself & Joan, damn she has nice long curly hair I want 
with Joanne 
Putera was there to check out the event too though he was not on work that night
I supposed this was the door gift?
how was the anniversary?
I would say, the moment I stepped foot in Velvet I felt like I'm attending a party in my mama & papa's generation.
not that I'm exaggerating but I felt literally old especially the crowd were much older & the songs especially,
not that I didn't enjoy but it was not my type of music; I'm more to dance songs & smooth jazz
that doesn't matter anyways, what matters most was Joan & Joanne had fun
they partied & danced happily while I stood at the dance floor be a fat statue 
I would say, I will not club on Mambo Jambo night ever again - one night experience was more than enough.
I should just stick to my regular Thursday, Friday or Saturday clubbing nights 
Labels: Crubbing, Fun Fun Fun, Night Out
« Previous Entires
Newer Entries »